as if we're not concocting something behind their back."
- Bishop Kmiec
I think it would be interesting to compare "bishop's residences" in other cities experincing the Buffalo's decline and "detroitization" with the surrounding neighborhoods. When possible, it might be helpful to draw some correlations between the value of an average house and the value of the bishop's house. Said otherwise Bishop Kmiec...sell your Mansion, move into a rectory and lead by example. It's not that difficult.
Writing and pictures appearing here on Fix Buffalo Today...
- 7/6/06 Kmiec's Folly
- 5/26/06 WWJD?
- 5/5/06 Saving Transfiguration
- 5/5/06 Backsliding in Buffalo
- 3/18/06 Mecca or Rome?
- 3/6/06 Pew News
- 2/28/06 Journey to Avoid Housing Court
- 1/04/06 More Transfiguration Pics...
- 12/11/05 Sign of Things to Come?
- 12/4/05 A Collaborative Effort?
- 11/22/05 Another McChurch
- 11/13/05 St. Stans
- 11/13/05 Bishop Kmiec's Right Hands
- 8/28/2005 No Plans to Sell 79 Oakland Place
- 7/5/05 Flipping Churches
- 7/4/05 WTF Do I Know
- 6/30/05 Demoltion by Neglect Meets Urbex
- 5/26/05 Shrinking City...Shirking Church?
- Diocese of Buffalo website
- "strategic plan" or "How we plan to avoid Housing Court - Just like we did in 1993"
- Falling Down - 29 images of East Side churches ready for demoltion...flickr slide show
- Dodge Street Interior - former German Roman Catholic Orphan Home, 564 Dodge Street
- Dodge Street Exterior - ditto, exterior
Artspace Archive • Annals of Neglect • BAVPA • Where is Perrysburg? • Broken Promises...
Writing the City • Woodlawn Row Houses • Tour dé Neglect - 2006